This guide will show you how to use Termageddonn to easily add policies to your website and automatically keep them updated, as well as how to implement the Cookie Consent solution.
Termageddon is a solution that helps protect websites from fines and lawsuits in less than 30 minutes, with their easy-to-implement policies.
- Terms and Conditions Generator (Canada, US, and UK only)
- End-User License Agreement (EULA) Generator (US Only)
- Disclaimer Generator (US only)
Global Install Information
The steps in this section will define your Global “Install” Information that’s applied to any policy that you add to your website.
- Log into your Termageddon account.
- Click on Continue Setup for your particular Install.
- Is this install for a website or an application? > Website.
- What is the URL? > Enter the URL of the website where your policies will live. (e.g. https://vow.mylisting.club).
- Who owns it? > Company.
- What is the company’s name? > Enter the name of the company behind the website where your policies will live. (e.g. MyListing Club).
- What type of legal entity is the company? > Choose the legal formation of your business (ex. LLC, Sole Proprietorship, etc.)
- In what state was the company formed? > Choose the State.
- Where would you like to resolve disputes? > County > Choose the County.
- Where would you like to resolve disputes? > State> Choose the State.
- Click Save.
Tip: If you ever need to edit your Global Settings, you can easily do so in a few clicks and/or keystrokes.
First Policy Setup
- While logged into your Termageddon account, click on the Add Policy button.
- Fill in the information that is specific to your business and website.
- Click Submit.
Embed a Policy
In this section, we will cover the embedding of your first policy. Since I’m using the Elementor page builder it’s easy to embed the policy.
- Edit the page with Elementor.
- Add a new section and drop in Elementor’s HTML widget.
- From your Termageddon dashboard, click on the View Embed Code tab and click the Copy button.
- Paste the copied code into the Elementor HTML widget.
- Click Update.
Override a Policy
- Click on the Override Policy tab.
- For any section of your policy you wish to change, click the Edit Section button.
- Make your edits and click Save Changes.
Note: You can use HTML to do things like adding a line break, bold text, etc.
Share Your Termageddon Install
You can easily share your installation with other team members, website professionals, clients, or an attorney.
- From your Termageddon dashboard, select your license (i.e. Install).
- Click on the Users tab.
- Click the Share License button.
- Enter the email of the person you wish to share your installation with.
- Click the Share License button.
As I mentioned above, Termageddon includes a Cookie Consent solution for no additional cost. If you have a plugin in place just for Cookie Consent purposes, that can now go away.
Termageddon partnered with UserCentrics, which is an EU-based company that has earned WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility certification, to assist with their Cookie Consent solution.
If I don’t mention a specific setting, my opinion is that the default setting is good as is. However, some settings may have legal implications for you so you need to look over every setting carefully.
Disclaimer: I’m not an attorney and cannot/do not offer legal advice.
- From your Termageddon dashboard, click on the ‘Launch Cookie Consent Tool’.
- Agree to the terms and click the ‘Activate’ button.
- Appearance > Set your brand color by dropping in a HEX code value.
- GDPR Specifications > Reshow GDPR CMP > Adjust as desired or as required for your particular business, but I think showing this every 3 months is good.
- General Settings >Domain Settings > Enter the top-level domain of your website. (e.g. mylisting.club).
- Scan > Scan URL > Enter the URL of your sitemap for your website. (e.g. https://wpturnedup.com/sitemaps.xml). (Note: I use SEOPress’s XML Sitemap feature, so your URL would be the same if you’re also using it.).
- Scan > Is the scan URL a sitemap URL? > Choose ‘Yes’.
- Click the ‘Run Scan’ button.
At this point, Termageddon will run a scan across your entire website, looking for any cookies that are present.
The scan will pre-fill the information for most of the technologies and cookies that are on your website. However, it is recommended that you still review the selections made by the scanner.
You can review the selections made by the scanner by clicking the ‘Edit’ button next to each cookie that was identified and viewing the results on the right-hand side.
If your website has a cookie that the scanner does not display, you can click the ‘Add New Service’ button and fill in the information for the cookie.
- Once you’re happy with everything, click the ‘Submit’ button to save changes.
Add the Cookie Consent Elements to Your Website
Embed the Policy
- Add the HTML widget to your page.
- Paste the copied embed code into the HTML widget.
- Save changes.
Embed the UserCentrics Tool
- UserCentrics Cookie Consent Tool Embedding Instructions > Click the ‘Copy’ button.
- Using a plugin like Perfmatters, WPCodeBox, etc. that allows you to add code to your website, paste the copied embed code into the ‘Header’ code area.
- Save changes.
At this point, the Cookie Consent tool should be in place. See this in action on one of theMyListing Club’s Starter Sites.