Cloudways Tutorial – Server and App (WordPress) Implementation
This Cloudways Tutorial focuses on how to set up a server to run WordPress. Once these steps are completed, you are in a position to begin implementing your website, without interference from caching. We recommend not putting any performance optimization (code snippets, plugins, etc.) in place until after the design process has been completed. We will cover optimization a separate post.
The following instructions are reflective of our location, requirements, recommendations, etc. Your implementation may differ slightly.
- Sign up for Cloudways (Affiliate Link – Helps us to continue to write tutorials like this one).
- Select your Application > Clean (No Cloudways Optimization) (Note: We choose this option because we want to know exactly what we’re optimizing.).
- Name your app, server, and your project.
- Application Server > Vultr.
- Server Size > 1 GB (Note: The idea is to scale up as needed.).
- Location > USA Chicago (Note: We want to pick a server that’s closest to the majority of our customers. Because we are US-based, we want to place the server in the middle of the country.).
At this point, you will be on a 3-day, FREE trial. If you plan to stick with Cloudways, be sure to become a paying customer before your trial period ends.