Open Graph is a set of rules used to integrate any website page into a social graph, which is the Facebook graph for the purposes of this post. In short, we’re telling Facebook how our shared content should be displayed on Facebook’s platform.
Facebook Business Manager
To get the information we need in the coming sections, we want to set up a Facebook Business Manager account.
- Visit the Facebook Business Manager page.
- Click Create Account.
- Your Business and Account Name > Enter a desired name (Note: If you have multiple business pages on Facebook that you’ll manage, you should enter a name that encompasses all of those pages, like a Parent company name for example.).
- Your Name > This can be the same as the name used in the previous step or it can be your personal name if it’s only you managing the account.
- Your Business Email > Enter an email that your whole team has access to or if this is just for you to personally manage, you can enter your business email here.
- Click Next.
- Fill in your business information and click Submit.
- From the Facebook Business Manager home screen, click Add Page.
- Click Add Page under “Add a Page you own”, or chose one of the other options.
- Copy your URL of your Facebook business page and paste it in.
- Confirm the page, click Add Page, and close. (Note: It may take a minute or two to show up in your dashboard, under pages.).
Enable Open Graph Using SEOPress
We use SEOPress Pro for our websites, but you can still configure Open Graph with the Free version. Here are the steps.
- SEO > Social Networks.
- Enable Open Graph Data > Enable OG data.
- Upload or choose an image from your library, that meets the requirements and guidelines listed.
- Facebook Link Ownership ID > Browse to the business Facebook page and copy the Page ID located towards the bottom of the page.
- Facebook Admin ID > For anyone that is a manager of the business Facebook page, they should browse to their personal Facebook page.
- They should then replace “www” with “graph” and refresh the page.
- On the refreshed page, copy the “your_admin_id” value. (Note: “fbtrace_id”: “your_admin_id”).
- Facebook App ID > Browse to Facebook for Developers.
- Under My Apps, click Create App.
- Enter your desired info and click Create App ID.
- Settings > Basic > Terms of Service Policy URL > Paste in the URL for your policy.
- Save your Facebook App changes.
- Click on your APP ID at the top of the page to copy it.
- Save your SEOPress changes.
Let's empower others. Share the knowledge.